Thursday, November 13, 2008

SNEAK PEEK


Hmmmmnnnnn . . . what might this be?? Me playing around with my camera for now. These are close ups of a project I started at Art & Soul this October in Portland, Oregon. Something I need to continue to work on. Since I'm in a bit of an art slump right now, I figured I should at least try to keep my blogger fingers limber. So bear with me folks . . . this is what I have to share for the time being. Stay tuned. But don't hold your breath. As some of you know, I am a sloooooowwww crafter.



Plug alert. Wanted to put in a good word for the folks at Dick Blick Art Materials. An order arrived today and there was a gesso messo in the box. (I hear the groans. Sorry. Couldn't resist.) The pros at DB are super careful with the packaging, too, but these things happen sometimes. Customer service made good lickety split. One call and they are replacing the damaged items without requiring me to return the spoiled merchandise. Good people, they are. So give them a try next time you need your art supply fix. Oh . . . and when I called, I even pronounced "gesso" correctly. Finally. :-)

Ciao for now.

Shelly

7 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Most intriguing! What is it? A box? A journal? I know what you mean about being a slooooow crafter - me too! Good things are worth waiting for.......but don't keep us waiting too long!

Artsnark said...

Very interesting bits, Shelly....a book?

I too love Dick Blick! Had a similar situation with some damaged matboard years ago - they are smart enough to know that great customer service keeps customers loyal!

Seth said...

This looks really amazing. Hope you show some more glimpses as you work on it.

Lady Di said...

This project looks right up my alley and I can't wait to see what it is.

Viola said...

I think, it will look so great as all your work, Shelly! Hope to see the whole piece soon, hehe! Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

Anonymous said...

Shelly--
It looks intriguing. Can't wait for more pictures. I love the photgraphs-- Keep up the great work.
Your ART buddy
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I too prefer to buy art material from Dick Blick...