Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A DAY OF SHARING SONG


Louis Armstrong
Lyrics by George Weiss / Bob Thiele

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin',
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Listen to the song here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LK Ludwig is at it again. Love this idea. This time, it is a Day of Sharing Song.
See her blog post here for details.

Enjoy your day.

Ciao for now.

Shelly

6 comments:

Anita said...

I can't believe you chose this song! It's one of my favorite songs of all time! I've yet to get through it without crying, it's just so beautiful. Makes you want to stop in the middle of your crazy day, look around, and pay attention to all the little things that are just sitting around waiting to make us happy. What a wonderful world indeed :o)

Lady Di said...

An oldie but a goodie ... I bet I'll be singing this one in my head all day today.

Artsnark said...

One of my favorites too! Visiting here reminded me to put mine up. Hard to choose just 1

thekathrynwheel said...

I loooove this song. I heard it performed live by a fab Canadian group called the Polyjesters just last Friday. Great choice :-)))

ArtPropelled said...

I always get a lump in my throat when I hear this song. My step dad used to sing it to my mom in that typical Satchmo voice.

Elin said...

What a great idea - sharing a song. This song always makes me think of my son...when he was in 1st grade, his class sang it at a function for the parents. For weeks before hand, he would sing it all the time at home. It's such a sweet memory and such a beautiful song. Thanks for putting it back in my head!