Sunday, January 18, 2009

SIXTH SENSE


Blogland is full of creative little games and riddles. This one caught my interest. Go to the "Pictures" file of your hard drive. Choose the sixth folder. Now, open the folder and choose the sixth picture from that folder. The picture that comes up is the one you are to post. Pretty neat little idea, especially since it doesn't involve recruiting anyone else. More or less a one man show-and-tell.

This is a photo I took on a tour of the La Paz Waterfall Gardens in Costa Rica. There are bridges and paths everywhere. The texture and color of the stone stopped me in my tracks. I cannot remember how old the photo is . . . no more than two or three years. Costa Rica is a nature lovers paradise. The rich, vibrant colors of the foliage, cloud forests and rain forests will take your breath away. La Paz is a sanctuary in a protected area of rain forest. You get close enough to the waterfalls to feel spray on your face. And the moist, verdant atmosphere penetrates your senses and leaves you feeling like you've been kissed by something otherworldly. A walk with nature refreshes your soul and reminds you that there are things much bigger than yourself in this world.

I tried to find a poem that I thought would fit the tone and feel of the photo. A couple seemed like contenders, but just weren't quite right. If any of you know of a poem or addage that may suit or complement the photo, feel free to post it in a comment.

Ciao for now,

Shelly

4 comments:

Lady Di said...

I love this game and I'm going to play too. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog today ... I've just returned from spending the weekend away with hubby & mother-in-law and was missing my computer ... scary ... I think it's quite healthy to get away from it all.

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous pic and fun way to arrive there! I so agree about not tagging etc etc, networking is lots of fun in blogland, but the awards thing, pass it along, sure can get out of hand...my two cents. Love the name of your blog along with your great artwork BTW! Thanks for visiting me and taking the time to leave a message :)

Artsnark said...

Hi Shelly. Love the pic! I've an award for you on my blog. Don't feel you have to "play" but you sooo deserve this award :)

Ronna said...

Love the challenge and have posted it on my blog with a link to yours. Thanks!!